Treating Snoring Disorders
Common Symptoms We Can Treat
Snoring can be a difficult and frustrating problem to deal with, especially for the person sharing a bed with you. Many people do not realize that the throat vibrations caused by snoring can kill you. It is well known that people who snore have a much greater risk of having a stroke. The vibrations caused by snoring cause inflammation in the carotid arteries that cause plaque buildup that lead to strokes.
In addition to this, snoring can also be a sign of a serious sleep disorder, sleep apnea. Snoring can be caused by a wide variety of things, including genetic factors, obesity, pregnancy, allergies, drugs and alcohol, and more. Many times, the snoring is indicative of sleep apnea, but not all snorers have this disorder. If you are experiencing problems snoring, our team at the OC Snoring & Sleep Apnea Center can help quickly and effectively diagnose your problems while offering the best possible solutions.
The following signs may indicate that you have a problem with snoring:
- Loud, harsh noises heard at night by others
- Choking or gasping during sleep
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Morning headaches
- Your snoring is so loud it is disrupting your partner’s sleep
- Noise during sleep
- Snoring is linked to strokes
Learn more about snoring symptoms, complications, and the treatment options that we offer at the OC Snoring & Sleep Apnea Center offers by calling us today at (714) 529-5921 to schedule your consultation!
Why Choose Us
- Dr Schlott is Board Certified in Dental Sleep Medicine
- We Place Patients First
- We Are On Time for Appointments
- In House Medical Billing
- Very Caring Compassionate Staff
- Dr. Schlott is a Diplomat of The American Academy Of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Dr. Schlott Has Authored & Published Scientific Articles on Sleep Apnea
- Dr. Schlott is a Sought After Speaker In The Medical & Dental Fields
- Sole Provider for Some HMO Groups